Monday, January 5, 2009

Relocation

Allow me to introduce myself here. My name is Troy and I'm a single dad with sole custody of my currently 6 month old son, Logan whom I've had sole custody of since he was a week old. It's been both rewarding and challenging experience. This custody arrangement is only temporary as far as my son's mother, Amy and I are concerned. I'm planning to move closer to her and raise our son together. This isn't because I don't feel equal to the task of being a single parent, but rather because I feel it would be in my son's best interest to have both of his parents in his life. Beyond that I'm also deeply in love with Amy and we have a history that spans 15 years. She's the love of my life and I hope that one day in the near future we'll be married.

I don't know where this blog is going to go. I don't know what I'll write about or how often I'll update. I guess it all depends on where my life goes and what motivation I have to write.

I used to keep a blog for about 6 years (different accounts under different SNs) at Journalspace.com which if you type in your address bar and press enter will bring you to a page announcing the termination of the site in question. To those of us who used to blog there, there's no equal. However, a lot of former Journalspace members have ended up here so I too have decided to relocate here. Those of you who know me from Journalspace would know me most recently as TylerDurden there.

Despite mourning the loss of what I would arguably consider to be the best blogging site I've ever come across on the internet, I enjoy the opportunity here for a fresh start... a clean slate with no baggage.

Hopefully I can retain a decent percentage of my old readership as well as acquire some new readers. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future has in store for this new blog.

6 comments:

Mandazoid said...

No, no, *I* found *YOU*! :oP

Lone Wolf said...

I tend to get lost sometimes.

Sammi said...

Nice to see you! *big squeezes*

Dorrie said...

I was wondering about you. Give Logan a big hug from grandma Westy, ok? *wink*

Xanadu said...

I'm glad to see you here. I left a comment earlier, but it apparently didn't get posted. Was wondering how the diaperless training was going with Logan. He is such a little cutie! Hugs.

Lone Wolf said...

Nice to see you too Jeep :)

Dorrie: Will do.

Xanadu: I don't know what happened. I certainly didn't delete it or anything like that. As for the diaperless training... it's not going. I would have liked to do it but it's more work and I find parenting especially being a full-time single parent challenging enough as it is.